Educational Perception Camp
We are all familiar with the expression of “The Art and Science of…” Most of the time we spend our professional development on the science. Educational Perception Camp is the art of understanding the educational environment.
Do you have a need for a far deeper understanding of student interaction in a variety of situations? Do you teach students, coach teachers, or lead educators? Do you need to engage more productively with colleagues?
If you answered yes to these questions, then the skills you need to develop to a higher level are your perception and thinking skills. These skills enable you to recognize behaviors and beliefs which impact the quality of an interaction.
NEXT TRAINING:Dates: TBD
Price: $550 per person
Enrollment: Maximum 45
This course is an in-depth and hands-on learning environment that moves educators to the artistic level of perception by expansion of knowledge from “how to do” to “when to do.” This exciting opportunity is ideal for people familiar with Michael Grinder’s classroom management trilogy.
During the five-day program, we explore five major areas of the classroom. If you are a teacher, educational consultant, classroom management coach, or an administrator, the advanced learning that you will get from this camp will take you to your next level of professional development.
Upcoming Training Details
As there are a wide variety of hotels within a 15-minute drive of the high school, we have not obtained a hotel block and are providing attendees with the following links to housing options in Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park or Coon Rapids.
All three cities offer a number of different lodging options and will provide attendees with a similar drive time from hotel to school, however Maple Grove offers much more in terms of dining/shopping/activities near hotels.-https://www.minneapolisnorthwest.com/ -https://www.tcgateway.com/coon-rapids/things-to-do
Become far more perceptive about individuals and group effectiveness, and use this knowledge to assist people to make better decisions.
- This is a 5 day course
- A combination of lecture-style instruction and structured review of participants’ videos. Small groups work together to study videos* using a series of questions provided by Michael, after he leads the group through a review session. When ready, teams will present footage to the whole group as a series.
The average educator is a settler; she only sees what she can describe. The pioneer invents words to describe what she sees. The clearest evidence of your increased perception is the expansion of your vocabulary. While perception camp is not for the faint of heart, the benefits are enormous.
- Walk away knowing when you are hallucinating.
- Break free from the knee-jerk reactions.
- Know when you can and cannot trust your instincts.
- Learn what is effective and ineffective communication.
- Reduce surprises in life because you recognize patterns before they unfold
- Know ahead of time what is likely to happen in a group setting.
- Get instant feedback and coaching from world expert Michael Grinder.
- Develop the refinements of timing and permission that are critical to taking your work in non-verbal communication to the expert level.
Not seeing the training you want?
What Others Are Saying
It gives teachers the tools needed to begin to really know their students before they even make it to their seats on the first day of school. After Perception Camp, teachers begin to understand and influence the important elements that go beyond test scores and demographic data.”*
– Andrew Silmser, Anoka Middle School for the Arts
“Perception Camp spans between what is immediately applicable and a 5-year plan to move beyond the science of teaching into becoming artistic interpreters of classroom dynamics. Michael is a dynamic and charismatic presenter, remarkable in both his depth and breadth of knowledge.”
– Katina Zambrano, Osseo District
“I wish I could have an E.P.C. day once a week. These 5 days helped me to first understand myself, then to begin to read situations in order to be a more effective coach to other teachers. I absolutely cannot wait to continue this learning.”
– Emily Burt