Expect this unforgettable retreat to be the most significant and rewarding 3 day retreat you and your partner will ever experience. Leave daily stresses behind as you rejuvenate yourselves.
This is your invitation to commit to the ultimate long-term relationship gift and re-treat yourself to a romantic weekend in scenic Oregon! Discover the magic of appreciation, healthy communication, laughter and life together in this one-of-a-kind getaway. Expect this weekend to be a fun, thought provoking and rewarding weekend with your partner.
As William Phelps says, “The greatest of all arts is the art of living together.” Come learn the greatest art possible.
A Valentine Workshop: “To Love…To Honor…To Negotiate”
February 14-16, 2020 with Michael and Gail Grinder.
Expect this unforgettable retreat to be the most significant and rewarding 3-day retreat you and your partner will ever experience. Leave daily stresses behind as you rejuvenate yourselves.
Couples attend as a unit. This a non-therapeutic weekend – come with a desire to laugh, learn and love.
Price per Couple:
$425.00 (Price covers attendance only), $95.00 is a non-refundable fee.
Early Bird registration of $350 per couple if you register by November 15, 2019.
Mt. Hood Oregon Resort. Set in the scenic Oregon Gorge, the Resort is approximately one hour from the Portland International Airport.
Rooms are held at a discounted group rate of $125 plus tax per night plus a $20.00 resort fee until January 17th, 2020. Reservations made after this date will be booked based on availability at the best available rate. Please have your credit card ready when making reservations. Guest check in is 4:00pm and check out is 11:00am. To reserve your room call (503) 622-3101 and reference the group name Michael Grinder & Associates to receive the discount. For special room requests, please email email@example.com or call (503) 622-3101.
Note from Michael:
I feel more vulnerable about doing this seminar than any other. As much as I cherish my relationship with Gail, I am humbled by the thought that our relationship is not mine or hers but ours. In a relationship, while defying all laws of math, the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts.
- This is a non-therapeutic and fun communication seminar; come with humor.
- All activities and suggestions are intended to be optional. Each couple, as a unit, decides their level of participation and learning. Both members have to okay the activity for each member to participate.
- No values or judgments from the presenter or the format are intended.
- The following format will be used:
- Presentation of a concept demonstrated by Michael
- Couples practice the skills involved
- Couple, as a unit, extrapolate what meaning and benefit there is in the skill or concept.
- You don’t have to be ‘a couple’ to come learn these skills. You can bring a friend to participate with.
Time is built in so that you might enjoy an opportunity to be together in a pleasant setting away from daily demands. In fact, we want to support your decision to be in the seminar room as much or as little as you wish.
Friday February 14, 2020
5:30-6:00 PM Registration
6:00-9:00 PM Opening and Value Structures
Saturday February 15, 2020
9:00-Noon Session Two – Appreciation and Cats and Dogs
Noon-2:00 Lunch and Relaxation
2:00-5:00 PM Session Three – Patterns of Communication and Misunderstandings
Sunday, February 16, 2020
9:00-12:00 PM Final Session – Giving the Relationship Love and Making Marriage Work
Topics to be Included:
- Clarifying your value structures
- Cats & Dogs
- Discovering and appreciating your similarities and differences
- Assessing your problem-solving techniques
- Clarifying misunderstandings
- John Gottman’s Principles
- Giving the relationship love
- Establishing priorities as a couple
- Love letter writing
- The Language of Love
Who Should Attend?
- Couples who value their relationship
- Couples wanting to gain and improve communication skills with one another
- Couples who want to learn skills to reduce and manage stress in communication
- Couples who have been together one day or one hundred years
- Couples who want a fun, relaxing weekend getaway
- Couples who are searching for a unique and meaningful “together” experience
- Couples who just want to spend a wonderful time together!
Register here or call our office at 360-687-3238 for more details.
With much love for a beautiful day of relationships,
Michael and Gail and the MGA Staff