- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Aug 25 2019 - Sep 07 2019
- ENVoY: Your Personal Guide to Classroom Management Training
- Nov 05 2019
- 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
‘Making that conversation count!’ – Queensland Fire & Emergency Services
Note: Closed to the public.
‘Making that conversation count!’ – getting the mateship elephant out of the way so that difficult conversations can occur.
A vision of an enhanced QFES team culture without the needed skills is just a dream. This program provides the how-to of effective leadership at all levels. Attendees will receive Michael’s cornerstone book: The Elusive Obvious: The Science of Non-Verbal Communication. This three-day program is practical and effective. You will walk away with a clear understanding of functional groups and how your behaviour contributes and doesn’t contribute. THIS YEAR, the room arrangement will allow much more practice than we were able to do last year. Rehearsing these non-verbal strategies will allow you to broach difficult elephants and still maintain relationships.
We will adventure into the how-to “not let the urgent crowd out the important.”
- When to do each of the following mentoring, facilitating, coaching, and disciplining
- When to make eye contact, when not to, and the effect of each approach
- How to sort out your person from your position
- The effect of using credibility vs. approachability
- Time permitting, we will address how to keep priorities in our forefront.
- Time permitting, we will address key audience interaction and presentation skills.