Non-Verbal Communication Skills
Michael Grinder & Associates (MGA) provides training for teachers, administrators, and school districts in the arena of non-verbal communication, group dynamics, influence skills, and much more.
All of our educational programs offer practical strategies that are easy to learn and quick to employ.
Why Non-Verbal Classroom Management?
Research shows that over 80% of communication is non-verbal. Our trainings focus on how to systematically and effectively use eye contact, voice patterns and body language.
This establishes an educational environment that nourishes positive relationships, which leads to increased student achievement.
The skills offered in our trainings will positively influence the single most powerful leverage point in education: the teacher-student relationship.
Expected outcomes include fewer disciplinary incidents, improved student attendance, higher student grades, higher staff morale, and a lower level of staff burn-out.
Teachers who utilize the full range of non-verbal management skills are able to reinforce consistent and fair parameters while preserving their relationships with each student, regardless of unique learning styles or cultural backgrounds.
What is the ENVoY® program?
ENVoY® is a vehicle to shift educators from seeing themselves as bastions of Power to instruments of Influence. When used by cadres of instructors within a school, these programs bring out the professional strengths of all members involved.
So, who is the ENVoY® program for?
- Teachers at all levels. The classroom can be viewed with educational binoculars – the primary tube focuses on curriculum, and ENVoY® is the management tube which supports the learning. The program is useful whether you are teaching in K-12 or adult education.
- Anyone who works with children. The principles of non-verbal management can help parents – and anyone who works with children – to maintain positive relationships while respectfully adhering to high standards for behavior.
- Individual Schools. The ENVoY® program teaches what an effective manager in the individual classroom is, and what the most effective way is to change the culture of a school.
- Staff Development. Research shows that when school districts have a common focus for their teachers' professional development, the reinforcement of that focus encourages the teachers to create new habits.
Topics That Can Be Selected
- ENVoY® – Preserving Relationships While Managing
- A Cat in the Doghouse – Establishing Relationships with the Hard-to-Reach Students
- A Healthy Classroom – Educational Group Dynamics
- How Not To Get Shot – Program for Administrators
- Train The Trainer For ENVoY®
To find the certified ENVoY representative nearest to you, check out this link.
Interested in one of these topics? Want to arrange and customize your own training to your special specifications? Check out our Classes and Trainings page to see if it's being offered or click the button below to fill out a form to request your own customized training.
Request a training!
Meet the Expert
After years of experience as a teacher, Michael Grinder, MA, has been speaking at conferences and conducting seminars across the world. He has been seen for years as an expert on learning, and affectionately dubbed America's educator of educators.
His work with many school districts and administrators has transformed the levels of teaching and learning. Michael Grinder shows educators how to use influence rather than power to manage the classroom.
This series is based on Michael’s best-selling books for educators. Widely used in the U.S., Europe, Australia, Asia and Latin America.