A Healthy ClassroomTeaching Healthy Classroom Management
The relationships between the teacher and students and the students amongst themselves are critical for a positive learning atmosphere.
This course focuses on utilizing group dynamics for such an atmosphere; this program is preventive management.
The program will shift how you mentally think about your classroom.
Learn the techniques and gain insight into what it takes to make a healthy classroom. This course combines theory with implementation of the science of classroom management.
It is designed to help understand the hardest management situations the teacher faces — when the teacher has to grapple with both the individual and the class at the same time. The training tackles classroom group dynamic situations with insight and practical axioms.
Become far more perceptive about individuals and group effectiveness, and use this knowledge to assist people to make better decisions.
- This is a 5 day course
- A combination of lecture-style instruction and structured review of participants’ videos. Small groups work together to study videos* using a series of questions provided by Michael, after he leads the group through a review session. When ready, teams will present footage to the whole group as a series.
The average educator is a settler; she only sees what she can describe. The pioneer invents words to describe what she sees. The clearest evidence of your increased perception is the expansion of your vocabulary. While this training is not for the faint of heart, the benefits are enormous.
- Walk away knowing when you are hallucinating.
- Break free from the knee-jerk reactions.
- Know when you can and cannot trust your instincts.
- Learn what is effective and ineffective communication.
- Reduce surprises in life because you recognize patterns before they unfold
- Know ahead of time what is likely to happen in a group setting.
- Get instant feedback and coaching from world expert Michael Grinder.
- Develop the refinements of timing and permission that are critical to taking your work in non-verbal communication to the expert level.
What Others Are Saying
It gives teachers the tools needed to begin to really know their students before they even make it to their seats on the first day of school. After Perception Camp, teachers begin to understand and influence the important elements that go beyond test scores and demographic data.”*
– Andrew Silmser, Anoka Middle School for the Arts
“Perception Camp spans between what is immediately applicable and a 5-year plan to move beyond the science of teaching into becoming artistic interpreters of classroom dynamics. Michael is a dynamic and charismatic presenter, remarkable in both his depth and breadth of knowledge.”
– Katina Zambrano, Osseo District
“I wish I could have an E.P.C. day once a week. These 5 days helped me to first understand myself, then to begin to read situations in order to be a more effective coach to other teachers. I absolutely cannot wait to continue this learning.”
– Emily Burt