MGA in the Classroom: ENVoY® Programs
Michael Grinder and Associates (MGA) provides training in non-verbal communication, group dynamics, influence skills and increasing cooperation amongst people for school districts, corporations and individuals. MGA offers training for education, public seminars and corporate in-house settings. All of MGA’s programs offer systemic strategies that are easy to learn and quick to employ and preserve relationships. MGA’s classroom management programs and trainings include:
- ENVoY®—Classroom Management
- Train The Trainer For ENVoY®
- Find an ENVoY Coach: ENVoY® Coaches / Mentoring Program
- A Cat in the Doghouse
- A Healthy Classroom—Educational Group Dynamics
- How Not To Get Shot—Program for Administrators
- ENVoY® Research
After years of experience as a teacher, Michael Grinder, MA, has been speaking at conferences and conducting seminars on his areas of expertise across the world. He has for years been seen as America’s educator of educators and he is an expert on learning. Research shows MGA’s work transforms the levels of teaching and learning with schools and school districts. Research link
As a leading source of non-verbal communication skills, MGA is committed to reversing the trend of over-training and under-implementing. Michael Grinder shows educators how to use influence rather than power to manage the classroom.
About Michael Grinder
Michael Grinder is the pioneer in teaching others how to perceive non- verbal communication in a group setting. In addition, to being the founder of the ENVoY® Programs, he is National Director of NLP in Education. He was personally trained by two well-known experts in the field of communication: Carl Rogers, the wellspring of rapport and relationships, and Michael’s brother Dr. John Grinder, co-founder of Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
What is the ENVoY® program?
- Power to Influence
- ENVoY® is a vehicle to shift educators from seeing themselves as bastions of Power to instruments of Influence.
- Professional strength
- This program, when used by cadres of instructors within a school, brings out the professional strengths of all the members involved.
- Wealth in our classrooms!
- We need to elevate ourselves from within… we need systems which enable us to profit from the wealth of abilities that lie in insular classrooms.
- Sharing our collective wisdom
- It is only through sharing and supporting processes that the collective wisdom of the staff emerges.
Who is it for?
- Individual Schools
- The ENVoY® program teaches:
- what is an effective manager in the individual classroom
- what is the most effective way to change the culture of a school
- Staff Development
- Research shows that when school districts have a common focus for their teachers’ professional development, the reinforcement of that focus encourages the teachers to create new habits.
ENVoY®: Your Personal Guide to Classroom Success, A Healthy Classroom, and A Cat in the Doghouse are available from our bookstore. Click here.
The ENVoY® workshop descriptions are listed below and are available for practicum credit through Brandman University. Call MGA for details. 1-360-687-3238
“Teachers come away from ENVoY® trainings with powerful non-verbal strategies and proven methods for positive changes in their classroom. These strategies enable teachers to spend more time teaching, and less time managing.” —Rachel Babbs, ENVoY® Coach and Trainer
“ENVoY® has helped all the teachers at Windsor Middle School to maximize instructional
time and to bring out the best in our students.”
— Loren Barker WMS Principal
Who is the the program for?
Teachers at all levels. The classroom can be viewed with educational binoculars – the primary tube focuses on curriculum, and ENVoY® is the management tube which supports the learning. The book is useful whether you are teaching in K-12 or adult education. The principles of non-verbal management can help parents – and anyone who works with children – to maintain positive relationships with young people while respectfully adhering to high standards for behavior.
This series is based on Michael’s best-selling books for educators. Widely used in the U.S., Europe, Australia, Asia and Latin America.
ENVoY® workshops and seminars for school districts and individual schools and teachers in:
- ENVoY®—Preserving relationships while getting compliance
- A Cat in the Doghouse: Cats and Dogs—Establishing and understanding classroom relationships
- A Healthy Classroom—Group dynamics in the classroom.
What is non-verbal Classroom Management?
The non-verbal communication skills offered in this training will positively influence the single most powerful leverage point in education: the teacher-student relationship. Teachers who systematically utilize the full range of non-verbal management skills are able to reinforce consistent and fair parameters while preserving their relationships with each student, regardless of unique learning styles or cultural backgrounds.
One teacher who has been through the training recently summarized this point:
“Before the students care what you know, they need to know that you care.”
Expected outcomes include fewer disciplinary incidents, improved student attendance, higher student grades, higher staff morale, and a lower level of staff burn-out.
Topics of Study are:
The four times teachers most often use management techniques
- Why non-verbal messages are more effective in classroom management than verbal messages
- Recognizing and responding to the various learning styles of students
- Disciplining for student needs rather than for teacher needs
- Establishing and preserving relationships of influence
Summary of Classes
ENVoY®: Preserving relationships while gaining compliance in the classroom
ENVoY®, the name given to the system of non-verbal techniques presented in this training, will improve classroom climate, enhance student productivity, and decrease the level of staff burnout.
The non-verbal communication skills offered in this training will positively influence the single most powerful leverage point in education: the teacher-student relationship. Teachers who systematically utilize the full range of nonverbal management skills are able to reinforce consistent and fair parameters while preserving their relationships with each student, regardless of unique learning styles or cultural backgrounds.
ENVoY® is a vehicle to shift educators from seeing themselves as bastions of Power to instruments of Influence. This program, when used by cadres of instructors within a school, brings out the professional strengths of all the members involved. We need to elevate ourselves from within… we need systems which enable us to profit from the wealth of abilities that lie in insular classrooms. It is only through sharing and supporting processes that the collective wisdom of the staff emerges.
Days of Training: 2-5
Units of Credit: 1-2
Learn to use your power of influence in your classroom!
Course Objectives—This course will give you a basic understanding of behavioral styles from high accommodators (i.e., dogs) to low accommodators (i.e., cats). Anyone who has ever owned a cat and a dog instinctively knows the differences between their personalities. This animal analogy is applied to people so we understand why cats are so difficult to work with. And yet their loyalty, once gained, is often greater than a dog is. This program centers on how a leader has to form relationships in order to operate with influence instead of power.
This program provides specific strategies for:
• Reflecting on your own cat and dog tendencies
• Recognizing cat and dog-ness in others
• Increasing one’s flexibility to be genuine with dogs and intrigue the cats
• Running meetings more effectively
• Increasing one’s tolerance of the competitive nature of the cat and utilizing the team spirit of the dog
Prerequisite and audience—No previous experience is necessary. While the program is open to anyone, it is intended for teachers who work with adolescents, kinesthetic-oriented students, at-risk pupils and talented/gifted learners.
This course is your chance to enhance your professional development, make a difference and take advantage of a great opportunity — participants receive credit for practicum hours at the same rate as contact hours! (5 meetings — 6 semester credits = 9 quarter hours.)
MGA has been training teachers for years in the innovative teaching approach of ENVoY®. By using ENVoY®, leading-edge teachers like you have changed the way we educate children today. A Healthy Classroom is the next step. This new program takes the science of ENVoY® to the art of total classroom management.
Course objectives — This course will give you concrete ways to use group dynamics to benefit everybody in your classroom — especially you! It provides specific strategies for…
- accelerating the formation of the class as a group
- recognizing and utilizing the leaders in the classroom
- coping with the seasons of the school year
- managing disruptive students
A Healthy Classroom is an intensive classroom management program, with easy-to-use templates for understanding the intricacies of group dynamics in the classroom.
Days of Training: TBD
Units of Credit: TBD
Michael Grinder and Associates is committed to bringing the most current, cutting-edge information to the educational community. We also offer specific educational classes and products for Trainers and Administrators.
Plus we offer In-Your-Classroom Coaching
It is a powerful process developed by Michael Grinder to give direct and concentrated feedback for individual teachers and schools to increase their effectiveness in classroom management using influence, not power. During the process, the coach observes processes and interactions within the classroom and provides non-judgmental sensory specific feedback. Call 360-687-3238 to learn more about In-Your-Classroom Coaching.