- Do you have a need for a far deeper understanding of human interaction in a variety of situations?
- Do you coach, train, facilitate or lead large and small groups that need to be functional in order to be highly productive?
- If you answered yes to these questions then the skills you need to develop to a high level are your perception and thinking skills which enable you to recognize behaviors and beliefs which impact the quality of human interactions.
- Learn how to recognize behavior and the beliefs behind those behaviors.
- Predict who is likely to dominate when two people are interacting.
- Know ahead of time what is likely to happen in a group setting.
- Get instant feedback and coaching from world expert Michael Grinder.
- Develop the refinements of timing and permission that are critical to taking your work in non-verbal communication to the expert level.
- Bond, learn from and network closely with the other like-minded attendees.
- Michael will do a demonstration of the ultimate in executive coaching.
- You will have an understanding of where Profiling fits in your professional development.
Format of the Camp
You will learn to identify what you see into three categories, each with a different purpose/outcome:
- An individual. Purpose: to learn what likely are the person’s values, attitudes, beliefs, and styles.
- Two people interacting. Purpose: to learn who is likely to dominate. This is the origin of the Cats and Dogs metaphor.
- A group interacting. Purpose: to learn what is likely to happen and influence the desired outcome.
Perception Camp is Michael Grinder’s most advanced program. The more you prepare for it, the more advanced your learning will be. Graduates of Michael Grinder Group Wizardry programs are automatically approved to attend. Others are welcome, but to ensure they are ready to operate on this advanced level need to study the quizzes.
The following prerequisites are designed to be studied and taken in sequential order:
- House of Communication Study Guide & Quiz
- Pentimento and How Not to Get Shot Study Guide & Quiz
- Charisma Study Guide & Quiz
First review the study guide, then take the quiz at the end and compare your answers to see how you did. While this does not need to be submitted, we do require a good familiarity with these concepts before you attend to maximize your learning.
You are encouraged to bring 2-3 clips of 3 minutes each of people and situations you would like to have a better perception of: individuals, pairs, and a group setting. There can be several people on the footage and you can choose to focus on just one or two people in the scene(s). The footage can be from movies, TV, YouTube, etc. Make sure the footage is accessible and can be connected easily so we can watch the footage on a screen.
June 26-30, 2017
12010 NE Airport Way
Portland, OR 97220
Telephone (800) 216-5927 or 503-261-9000
Mention Perception Camp attendance to receive a lodging discount of $145 per night (not
including taxes) at Comfort Suites.
$1,495 (Early Bird special $1295 if paid in full by May 26, 2017) Save an additional $100 when you also attend Group Wizardry June 19-23
Enrollment Minimum 10; Maximum 20