A five-day interactive workshop
Imagine what you could learn in five days about Presentation Skills, Group Dynamics, and Charismatic Leadership from the world’s foremost expert in the area of non-verbal communication?
It looks like magic, but only the “magician” needs to know… Whether you speak to large or small groups, within your work place or to the public, Michael’s presentation training in specific non-verbal communication skills will give your message that extra pizazz. Group Wizardry is open to all levels, novice or pro. Accelerate your presentation to the next level.
There are three focuses in Michael Grinder’s Group Wizardry:
- Group Dynamics
- Presentation Skills ← 2017’s emphasis
- Charismatic Leadership
All 3 are covered each year with a special focus on one of the three. The 2017 Class will have strong emphasis on Presentation Skills. The last day includes an opportunity to get personal coaching on video tape from Michael Grinder.
This course will give you understanding of:
“Increase your congruency.”
- Systematic use of non-verbals.
- In-house vs. public meeting skills.
- How to get an “agreement frame,” increasing relevance.
- Understanding the interplay of content, process, and permission
- Recognizing and increasing receptivity.
- How not to get shot. Handling attacks.
“It is never your group. It is the group’s group.”
- Build rapport between you and the group, within the group.
- Learn how group size, length of time together, and participants’ familiarity with each other influence group dynamics.
- Recognize and utilize leaders and barometers in a group.
- Pace and lead resistance.
- Directing group energy.
- Read a group; deal with power issues.
“Success still comes down to relationships… create the relationships you want.”
- Identify and incorporate traits of charismatic leaders.
- Understand and accept yourself and others.
- Improve your leadership skills and manage difficult personalities.
- Interpret your and others’ behaviors more accurately.
- Increase your competence by reducing bad surprises.
- Use the “cats and dogs” model to better understand people.
What You Will Get
Training includes four days of interactive work that will build the skills indispensable to successful meetings, training sessions, presentations and facilitation. On day five, you will have the opportunity to practice individual presentations before small peer groups. Michael will provide non-judgmental feedback. You will receive a DVD of your group’s presentations and Michael’s feedback.
3 semester graduate credits available for an additional $125 through Brandman University.
Who Should Attend
Teachers, presenters, trainers, facilitators, consultants, managers, supervisors, and group or team leaders. Enrollment is limited to 45 participants.
The manual for this course is Group Wizardry by Michael Grinder. Available at the Training.
Prerequisite and audience
No previous experience is necessary.
Monday, June 19 through Friday, June 23, 2017
Class times 9-4:30 Monday-Thursday; 7-11 am Friday
Optional Videotaping Friday morning, June 23, 2017
$700 ($50 deposit to register) order options below
($50 discount for early bird registration by May 19th – automatically applied prior to checkout)
($100 discount for 2016 Group Wizardry participants, full time teachers and students)
Optional: add $40 for video taping of Michael working with you on the last day. See examples of Michael coaching individuals at Group Wizardry here
12010 NE Airport Way
Portland, OR 97220
Telephone (800) 216-5927 or (503) 261-9000
Mention Group Wizardry attendance to receive a lodging discount of $145 per night (not
including taxes) at Comfort Suites.
“Does your non-verbal communication help or hinder your verbal message?
Increase your congruency. Increase your congruency. Increase your congruency.”
~ Michael Grinder