Couples Workshop Description
As William Phelps says, “The greatest of all arts is the art of living together.” Come learn the greatest art possible.William PhelpsThis is your invitation to commit to the ultimate long-term relationship gift and re-treat yourself to a romantic weekend in scenic Oregon! Discover the magic of appreciation, healthy communication, laughter and life together in this one-of-a kind getaway. Expect this unforgettable retreat to be the most significant and rewarding three days you and your partner will ever experience.
Topics to be Included:
- Clarifying your value structures
- Cats & Dogs
- Discovering and appreciating your similarities and differences
- Assessing your problem-solving techniques
- Clarifying misunderstandings
- John Gottman’s Principles
- Giving the relationship love
- Establishing priorities as a couple
- Love letter writing
- The Language of Love
A VALENTINE WORKSHOP: “TO LOVE…TO HONOR…TO NEGOTIATE”
February 9-11, 2018 with Michael and Gail Grinder.
Expect this unforgettable retreat to be the most significant and rewarding 3-day retreat you and your partner will ever experience. Leave daily stresses behind as you rejuvenate yourselves.
Couples attend as a unit. This a non-therapeutic weekend – come with a desire to laugh, learn and love.
Price per Couple:
$375.00 (Price covers attendance only) $95.00 is a non-refundable fee.
Early Bird registration is $300 per couple if you register by November 13, 2017
15 couples need to be registered by November 1, 2017 for the program to continue.
Resort at the Mountain in the western highlands of Mt. Hood
Discounted group rate of $125 per night plus $15 resort fee available until January 25th, 2017
Resort at the Mountain is approximately one hour from the Portland International Airport
Go to www.mthood-resort.com to reserve your room or call (503) 622-3101
Note from Michael:
I feel more vulnerable about doing this seminar than any other. As much as I cherish my relationship with Gail, I am humbled by the thought that our relationship is not mine or hers but ours. In a relationship, while defying all laws of math, the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts.
- This is a non-therapeutic and fun communication seminar; come with humor.
- All activities and suggestions are intended to be optional. Each couple, as a unit, decides their level of participation and learning. Both members have to okay the activity for each member to participate.
- No values or judgments from the presenter or the format are intended.
- The following format will be used:
- Presentation of a concept demonstrated by Michael
- Couples practice the skills involved
- Couple, as a unit, extrapolating what meaning and benefit there is in the skill or concept.
- You don’t have to be ‘a couple’ to come learn these skills. You can bring a friend to participate with.
Time is built in so that you might enjoy an opportunity to be together in a pleasant setting away from daily demands. In fact, we want to support your decision to be in the seminar room as much or as little as you wish.
Friday February 9, 2018
5:30-6:00 PM — Registration
6:00-9:00 PM — Opening and Value Structures
Saturday February 10, 2018
9:00-Noon — Session Two – Appreciation and Cats and Dogs
Noon-2:00 PM — Lunch and Relaxation
2:00-5:00 PM — Session Three – Patterns of Communication and Misunderstandings
Sunday, February 11, 2018
9:00-Noon — Final Session – Giving the Relationship Love and Making Marriage Work
Who Should Attend?
Couples who value their relationship
Couples wanting to gain and improve communication skills with one another
Couples who want to learn skills to reduce and manage stress in communication
Couples who have been together one day or one hundred years
Couples who want a fun, relaxing weekend getaway
Couples who are searching for a unique and meaningful “together” experience
Couples who just want to spend a wonderful time together!
Register here or call our office at 360-687-3238 for more details.
With much love for a beautiful day of relationships,
Michael and Gail and the MGA Staff