Established in 1981, MGA provides training in non-verbal communication, group dynamics, influence skills and permission for school districts, corporations and individuals. At this time, MGA offers training for education, public seminars and corporate in-house settings.
In world class organizations, project teams are formed and utilized without the traditional luxury-time for bonding and trust to develop. It is imperative that successful project managers be adroit at forming groups in an accelerated manner and respectfully manipulate the leaders, barometers and liaisons. Eventually, conflicts arise that need to be addressed with minimum time spent so that the process continues in a timely manner. The ingredients of a “healthy group” need to be fostered.
“Experience does not give you wisdom, it gives you habits.” —Michael Grinder
Since over 80% of communication is based on the non-verbal aspects of communication, the focus is on how to systematically employ effective eye contact, voice patterns and body language (including the use of location). The content area is group dynamics.
About Michael Grinder
Michael Grinder is the pioneer in teaching others how to perceive non-verbal communication in a group setting.
He was personally trained by two well-known experts in the field of communication: Carl Rogers, the wellspring of rapport and relationships, and Michael’s brother Dr. John Grinder, co-founder of Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
Michael is National Director of NLP in Education. He and his wife, Gail, live in Battle Ground, Washington, which is across the river from Portland, Oregon.
How to contact MGA
16303 NE 259th St
Battle Ground, WA 98604
FAX (360) 687-0595
Mission of Michael Grinder
In a recent interview, Michael was asked about his “mission in life.” His immediate response:
- Be in love with Gail (Michael’s Wife)
- Balance my life with relationships and work
- Reflections by Michael Grinder
Mission of MGA
The corporate world is entering a paradigm shift:
“We are inadvertently in Love with the Influence of Power.
And we need to be in Love with the Power of Influence.”
Our mission is to provide the blueprint of how to shift — passive resistance is more powerful than active authority. To do this, we need to reverse the trend of over-training and under-implementing by providing support systems that guarantee increased competencies of communication.
- Implement Michael Grinder’s non-verbal work including his models of professional growth.
- Create a culture of influence via non-verbal communication where relationships between educator and students and among students are fostered.
- Reduce time on management and as a result increase time for curriculum.
- Increase educator’s repertoire of non-verbal strategies.
- Operate from influence as often as possible instead of power.
- Creating educational climates committed to on-going professional development that reverses the trend of over-training and under-implementing.
We currently have an office full of women who support Michael in his non-verbal work within the office and when he is out on the road. We enjoy one another and work to transform the way people communicate. See below for a visual of the individuals who make our office feel like home.